Welcome and thank you for visiting. If you enjoy what you read here, please come back and visit again!
 
Close window

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Breakdown

This Sunday, when I was watching the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational, my computer suddenly stopped. It powered down like a good kid that he is, and stopped working. I stood and I stared at my monitor like a moron, not knowing what has happened. I looked at the UPS and it was on. I rebooted it, self test was ok, ready to work. But the darn computer wouldn't start. I tried powering on but to no avail. Then it hit me. I had a spare (backup) PSU (for the not-so-good-in-computer-terms: Power Supply Unit - PSU) somewhere lying around, so I took it out, connected the cables instead of the PSU inside the computer, and what do you know? IT WORKS! Now I knew what the problem is, but it gave me a big scare anyway. This backup PSU is not so good, and my computer is undervoltaged. The +12V rail only gives +11.7V approximately, the +5V Rail gives only +4.9V and the +3.3V only gives +3.1V. All values fluctuate, but it's still under the normal working condition. Now I have to wait to get paid and get a new PSU, which I had my eyes on for quite some time now. You can find info about it here.

ASUS A-45GA 450W PSU

In the meantime, I'll let you get delighted by the looks of my computer with the backup power supply (out-of-the-case one) running.

Computer pe Cric

The next two upgrades will be cooling for the CPU and a new case, in that exact order.

Cooling I decided to pick: specs. Picture:

ASUS Silent-Knight II

PC Case I decided to pick: Raidmax Elite Series Smilodon Black or X-Gear C666B. Pictures (First and Second):

Raidmax Elite Series Smilodon Black

X-Gear C666B

Tassadar aka. David over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment