Welcome and thank you for visiting. If you enjoy what you read here, please come back and visit again!
 
Close window

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Upgrading...

Well, after much struggle and much consideration, and a failure, I am finally able to say "here comes the sun" - at least for me it does.

I have managed to upgrade my computer, and am awaiting the final components as we speak.

AMD Athlon64 X2 7750, 2700Mhz, CACHE 3MB, 95W, BOX

ASUS M2N-E NForce 570 Ultra MCP Motherboard

2x2GB (4GB) A-DATA Vitesta DDR2 800+MHz Extreme Dual Channel Kit
(until I get my RAM on Tue, I have loaned 2GB of DDR2 from a friend, which are 2X1GB DIMMS of GEIL Black Dragon Gaming Series RAM)

I just pray to God it will work once everything's plugged in. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Next step will be going further to AM3 or whatever AMD will cook up, but for now, it's a very nice and welcome boost.

Mind you, I am replacing the following:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ Sk. 939
MOB: ASUS A8N-SLI SE
MEM: 2x1GB KINGMAX DDR1 400MHz

1 comment: