Welcome and thank you for visiting. If you enjoy what you read here, please come back and visit again!
 
Close window

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bound by Ink

Today, I got my first tattoo.

It's a nice little medallion that someone forgot at my place, and I've been looking at it as a potential tattoo for quite some time, I just haven't said anything. And yesterday, after much consideration, I decided to go ahead with the plan, and get it inked.

   

The location was my first thing to consider. I had some options, but I opted for my inferior interior forearm, near the palm joint. The size of the tattoo was the second thing to consider, since the medallion is quite small. I've made it approximately two times bigger.

After selecting the placement and the size, I had to decide on the style. I decided it was best to be pure black, no shadows, no fancy things. I let my friend draw the outline, then slowly apply it to my inner forearm. After the outline was drawn, the filling started.

         

Let me tell you, joints hurt to be tattooed. At least, it hurt me. But it was bearable. And within 45 minutes (small needle) I was done. I will have to let it heal and re-ink it in three weeks. After that, it'll look even better.

Here's the final result. It will heal, it will be re-drawn a second time, and it will look wicked! I'm very content and happy with my decision, and I couldn't regret it even if I wanted to.

   

- David aka. Tassadar over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment